You have questions?
We will do our best to answer them! Here are a few of the frequently asked questions that we encounter.
- How do I get involved in ParaSport Spokane?
- To learn more contact our Executive Director Teresa Skinner (509)999-6466 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Potential participants are encouraged to come see what we do. Our monthly practice schedule is posted on our Calendar Page
- My child has a disability but doesn’t use a wheelchair, can they still participate?
- Of course. There is a very wide variety of disability diagnoses which allow for participation within Paralympic Sport. Give us a call to find out!
- Do we need to provide our own adaptive equipment?
- If you have your own equipment, you are encouraged to use it. ParaSport Spokane provides access to equipment where possible and will help in seeking grant opportunities which provide equipment grants.
- Is there a cost to participate?
- This is a zero participation fee for service program. Costs may be incurred when athletes start to travel with our competitive teams. Financial hardship is not a limiting factor.
- I know someone who may be interested in participating, what should I do?
- Let us know who they are and how we can reach out to them, or to their parents.
- How is this different than Special Olympics?
- The Paralympic movement was created for persons with physical disabilities. Typically participants will not have a cognitive impairment.