Do you like high speeds, excitement and the challenge of gaining physical strength & fitness? If so, track & field is for you.

Who can participate in track & field?

Anyone with a physical disability! There has got to be an event out there for you, so come out and try. Our program is goal oriented and we emphasize hard work while having fun. Athletes compete in individual events within a supportive team environment. Contact ParaSport Spokane to find out more!

Wheelchair racing

For anyone who can use a manual chair and has a spinal cord injury or similar disability, is an amputee, has cerebral palsy or like disabilities.

Ambulatory events

For anyone who has a physical disability and can walk unassisted. This includes; athletes who are amputees, have visual impairments or blindness, have cerebral palsy, dwarfism, and limb length discrepancies or like disabilities.


ParaSport Spokane provides equipment such as race chairs and throwing implements, should an athlete require a guide runner, we will do our best to find a guide who will work well with them.

Events & distances

On the track: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m,  1,500m, 5,000m, 10,000m
In the field:  throws – shot put, discus, javelin and club; jumps – long jump, high jump

Our coaches

ParaSport Spokane is privileged to have world renowned coaches working with our program, see our staff page for the list.

Where do we compete?

  • At school meets
  • Spokane Falls Big Foot meets
  • The Angel City Games in Los Angeles
  • US Paralympic Track Meets throughout the US
  • Desert Challenge in Phoenix, Arizona
  • US Paralympic Championships
  • Paralympic World Championships
  • Paralympic Games

Where do we practice?

Practices occur throughout the spring, summer and fall at various tracks in the area, including:

  • Spokane Community College

Did you know?

Washington is one of the few states that offers wheelchair racing integrated within High School Track & Field! ParaSport Spokane advocates on behalf of all of its members, as well as any person with a physical disability who are of school age in Washington State. Please contact us for more details.